weeping through new pebblesheen - is this ok??

sck44

Apr 24, 2021
Nashville, TN
We finally got pebblesheen today, and we have spots that are weeping already - acid wash scheduled for tomorrow. We had issues with weeping the whole time we have had gunite, and the pool builder installed a well point with sump pump, but it isn't quite as deep as our pool because we had a ton of solid rock. It is about 1 foot shy of the deepest part of our pool, and the builder said it should be fine to protect the pool from popping out of the ground. Will these weep spots cause discoloration in our brand new plaster?? Please tell me it will all be ok - we have waited almost 8 months to get to this point :( Pebbletec installers saw the weeping before they started today and did put some cement on some of the spots, but obviously didn't get them all.

Attachments

• IMG_7101.jpg
    IMG_7101.jpg
    698.3 KB · Views: 112
How did it come out after the acid wash and water in the pool?

They are acid washing and filling today so I don’t know yet. Pool builder and pebblesheen installer both seem to feel it is going to be fine… we will see. They couldn’t acid wash yesterday as planned because there ended up being quite a bit of unplanned rain.

If the pool water pressure is greater than the hydrostatic pressure in the surrounding ground, you shouldn't have a problem. But I would definitely ask your PB what the deal is there and get some written commitment if there should be an issue down the road

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.