We have a Big Hole!!!

Yay!!! We have a big hole in the ground!
how do you not sit and watch the security cameras all day at work? I had to leave when they just had the shallow end started. They are almost done now! 5BCD8C48-EE6C-4EAB-8026-C99319C84947.jpg

Attachments

• D4DA7138-C260-4B0C-977B-BC0D3FF142F3.jpeg
    D4DA7138-C260-4B0C-977B-BC0D3FF142F3.jpeg
    433.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 805C40CE-77A3-4B0A-8CC5-D4D9283192A3.jpeg
    805C40CE-77A3-4B0A-8CC5-D4D9283192A3.jpeg
    452.3 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: joepaiii
Let the MUD begin!!! Happy times ahead!!!

Ready for your first job as a pool owner?? When you get home go out with the plans and a tape measure. Is it wide, long, deep, etc enough? Add about 8" for the steel, shell, and plaster. NOW is the time for a fix or tweak.

Kim:kim:

Ready for your first job as a pool owner?? When you get home go out with the plans and a tape measure. Is it wide, long, deep, etc enough? Add about 8" for the steel, shell, and plaster. NOW is the time for a fix or tweak.

The steps are a little wider than originally planned, but I’m good with it! Everything else looks perfect! It looks so big right now ? my 9yr old is standing at the other end!
making final decisions on Coping tomorrow so he can get it ordered!

Attachments

• 16B8887F-4BFF-42A9-9B72-57C433C7F17C.jpeg
    16B8887F-4BFF-42A9-9B72-57C433C7F17C.jpeg
    718 KB · Views: 74
  • A41B05AA-F5A8-4E98-B14A-7209F459B471.jpeg
    A41B05AA-F5A8-4E98-B14A-7209F459B471.jpeg
    601.8 KB · Views: 74
how do you not sit and watch the security cameras all day at work? I had to leave when they just had the shallow end started. They are almost done now!

This!!!^^^^^

My iPhone screen time went up like 2-3 hours a day during my pool build. I was constantly grabbing my phone and checking in on what was happening! Glad to see I'm not the only one!

Looking good! Can't wait to see the end results!

--Jeff

• Haha
Reactions: lgibson888

51613DD7-F4FE-4025-A8E3-A3FC485645F3.jpeg86D60FDE-CF9D-41FE-9AA3-8F0789336506.jpeg
Funny you mentioned mud! We received 5 inches of rain in the last 24hrs!
talk about a mud pit! There is about 12” of water in the deep end!
supposed to start rebar on Monday ?

OH MY! Now that is a mud pit for sure!!! This is when you can be GLAD of the clay instead of dirt/sand! It held it's shape well!

Now make sure the deep end is deep enough as some of the mud will settle down there and raise that height up.....

Reactions: lgibson888
Yay!!! We have a big hole in the ground!
how do you not sit and watch the security cameras all day at work? I had to leave when they just had the shallow end started. They are almost done now! View attachment 138807

Guilty as well. I was on vacation during the process, they started later than scheduled, but I was able to keep up with the progress by using the cameras as well

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The time to look was after the dig and after the steel. Now it should be fine since you did your look at those times.

SWEET!!! That looks great! Have you started bonding with it yet? aka watering it to help slow down the curing.

It is time for your set of links! The first set is all about what to do and ask about to get a great plaster job. The second set is all about how to care for your pool after you get the plaster.

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

The time to look was after the dig and after the steel. Now it should be fine since you did your look at those times.

SWEET!!! That looks great! Have you started bonding with it yet? aka watering it to help slow down the curing.

It is time for your set of links! The first set is all about what to do and ask about to get a great plaster job. The second set is all about how to care for your pool after you get the plaster.

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

You are officially awesome!

• Love
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.