Holden53

May 21, 2023
West Palm Beach, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
TFP - thank you - I found this site searching for Diamond Bright SGM product data.
Public Pool with HOA
We are under construction and working through multiple items. This phto was taken a week ago and we have now filled the pool and our Pool Tech is working through the startup.
West Palm Beach Health Dept has new rules regarding resurfacing color, signage, pool deck requirements, access to pumps etc.
I have a question regarding decking. One proposal wants to use the Belgard paving system with thin-set. I am concerned that the current stress cracks will eventually telegraph through again by using thin-set. I have asked him for more information regarding thin-set and if he will be using a paving membrane and/or fiber thin-set. Still waiting on that answer. This paver contractor says using thin-set will keep the surface longer. If we elect to use his recomendation we would be paving over SunDeck. I originally was researching using pavers with the locking sand because it is more managable and can be repaired if stress cracks were to telegraph through. Still working through proposals for repairing the decks. The decking surface was remodeled in 2018 and these photos do not show the stress cracks well. We have scheduled 2 more requests for proposals for this coming week. I was wondering if anyone here has some value-add and experience in a situation like ours. Thank you everyone. 20230519_112402.jpg

part-0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude
Sorry you have not received any responses. I would think pavers would reduce the showing of cracks, even if set on thin set. You might see separation at the joints.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.