Waves in pool caused by water feature jet

ecomerford

Aug 19, 2020
Houston, TX
I have an underwater jet pointed upward, placed in a kind of "sunbathing shelf" on the edge of the pool. Recently, the water coming from the jet has begun causing significant waves throughout the pool. The nozzle doesn't seem to be broken or malfunctioning. How do I stop the waves?

Can you re-aim it?

It's hard to believe that one jet would cause significant waves throughout the pool, unless you're talking about a 100 gallon kiddie pool. What makes you believe it's this one jet?

I can re-aim it. Per the placement, it seems designed to point straight up, which would look the best, vs. angling it at 45 deg, etc. Straight up seems to cause the waves. It's a 28,000 gal inground pool. When I shut off the jet, the waves stop. Moved into the house in January and never had waves until recently. Maybe it was always angled more, and the kids moved the tip when they were playing in the area.

All the kids gravitate to the jets at my house. I don’t blame them, it’s kinda hot tubby massage wise. Anywho there have been many times that an eyeball got moved either from bumping or leaning on it. If my water level is just a little low it can make lots of turbulence or even a rooster tail like fountain. If you have similar eyeballs, turn off the pump and loosen the fitting counter clockwise. Readjust the eyeball and tighten. It usually takes a few tries because as it gets tight the eyeball that was pointing a little up turns and then points a little to the side. A little up is good. A lot up does what you’ve seen.

Reactions: ecomerford
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.