Waterway Oasis and Hayward VS 950 - Wiring Question

Oct 18, 2016
Glen Mills, PA
I bought the Waterway Oasis automation kit with Wifi and 2 Actuators. Just getting around to installing and have one issue. The manual states that is is compatible with many VS pumps, Waterway (obviously), Jandy, Hayward and Pentair. However, for the Hayward VS pumps it shows only two wire connectivity to the low voltage connector on the pump. However, the Hayward VS 950 manual states the connectivity to automation equipment is via 3 wire connectivity to the automation panel. The Oasis manual does reference 3 wire connections to Jandy and Waterway pumps however.

Any suggestions on how this should be wired? I feel like I should connect all 3 and simple select the "Jandy" pump on the Oasis Controller, but I don't want to screw anything up.

I have written to Waterway, and received an e-mail back telling me to refer the the manual for installation. I responded stating the above but haven't heard back yet.

I have attached both manuals for reference......

Attachments

• tristar-vs-950-owners-manual-IS3206VSP3-REV-B.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
  • 810-2110.1116.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
I would first try and hookup two wires between the pump and Waterway like shown in the Waterway manual 5.3.3.3 and not connect the COM line. If that doesn't work then connect the COM line and try it.

You will not break anything by calling it a Jandy pump but I doubt it will work. Call it a Hayward VS pump on the Waterway.

Let us know what works.

I would first try and hookup two wires between the pump and Waterway like shown in the Waterway manual 5.3.3.3 and not connect the COM line. If that doesn't work then connect the COM line and try it.

You will not break anything by calling it a Jandy pump but I doubt it will work. Call it a Hayward VS pump on the Waterway.

Let us know what works.
I'll give it a try. Hope to be working on it over the next few days and will report back. Thanks!

Let us know what works.

So, hooking up the two wires per the manual works..... kind of.... It starts the pump and does control the speed, however, it doesn't stop the pump. Adding the third wire actually starts the pump when it's off, so something isn't quite right. Suggestions?

You are caught int he middle of the problems of the digital world mixing vendors products.

You can wire the Waterway to control the pump power like a single speed pump and then use the avilable relays in the Waterway to select the speed as shown on page 16 in the manual.

You are caught int he middle of the problems of the digital world mixing vendors products.

You can wire the Waterway to control the pump power like a single speed pump and then use the avilable relays in the Waterway to select the speed as shown on page 16 in the manual.

I spent some time attempting this. I'm having the same issue. According to Hayward documentation, based on the drive comm version, there are two scenarios. With zero relay inputs closed, the pump will stop or with input 3 closed it will remain stopped. I cannot get this darn pump to stop without cutting power to it. Anyone have any insight to relay control on this thing?

Finally figured all this out using the relays. The documentation for the Hayward VS 950 is inaccurate, so using a combination of relays and timer speed settings, instead of regular speed settings worked. Not as a VS pump, but as a two speed pump, which is fine for my needs. Thanks all for the suggestions and help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.