Waterguru support a bit slow, but they did redeem themselves

rwsandiego50

Apr 27, 2020
San Diego, CA
For 11 months I have been very happy with my Waterguru Sense. It really makes monitoring my pool a lot easier. But starting last week, it suddenly stopped reading PH or Chlorine, but it still detects water flow and temperature. I've been trying to reach Waterguru support for the last 4 business days, but no one answers the phones nor responds to emails. I've left voicemails and even received an automated email reply that someone will respond 'usually within one business day'. But nothing.

Has anyone had any contact with support at Waterguru recently? It appears their website is still selling products, including supplies, but there doesn't appear to be much for support? This has been disappointing from a product that I've really liked and recommended to others.

They are definitely still open. I recall people talking about waiting to hear back from customer support in older threads. Sounds like a slow response in that department is a theme in the company. Maybe it's a one-person department and that person happens to be on vacation/sick?

Thanks for everyone's input. Just a little update. After leaving 2 voicemails, sending in a 'support request' through their website. I finally sent a message through their Facebook page. Got a brief reply back through FB a few hours later. And this morning got an email with and apology for the delayed response and they are shipping me a replacement unit. I'm happy to be moving towards a resolution. Just disappointed it took 4 business days to get a reply from support. And disappointed that my Waterguru died after 11 months. But I do like how the Sense has worked up until now and I hope they will be able to improve the life of the unit.

Not everyone is on Facebook/Twitter/whatever ... I certainly fall in that category. A company that only responds to social media requests for support limits itself to only those that use social media. That’s a very bad business practice and does not bode well for the longevity of that company.

On a more technical note, it seems the general theme around here from the limited number of early-adopters/promoters is that the WG Sense does ok at sensing for about 12-18 months and then dies. My guess is that the sensing hardware is just not capable of going any further than that. As long as the company is willing to throw you a new sensor for free every time you “friend” them on FB, I guess that’s ok. But it too, like it’s service response, doesn’t sound like a very viable business model.

Glad it worked out for you.

Yes, Facebook turned out to be my fastest option. When I left voicemails earlier, the phone prompts did seem to be a bit out of sync, so I was suspicious that there may be some technical problem with their voicemail or callback system. Since my email reply from Waterguru this morning, I've also received a phone call from support again expressing their apologies for the slow reply. And the customer support rep did say they have uncovered a bug with their call routing, and I'm inclined to believe that. I'll say that all companies should strive to give great customer service right out of the gate, and I think most do try. But even the best fall short so when they make a concerted effort to correct that mistake and quickly resolve my original problem, then I'm willing to reconsider my opinion of them. I've already received the shipping notification for my replacement unit and I'm feeling much better about this situation than I was earlier.

A company that only responds to social media requests for support limits itself to only those that use social media. That’s a very bad business practice and does not bode well for the longevity of that company.

while i agree with the premise of this statement, i would also say the same about companies in the year 2020 that do not respond at all to social media messages...and there are tons of them. i'm getting quotes to have my rocks resurfaced over the coming months, and was blown away by the number of pool construction companies that have a very active facebook presence but absolutely do not respond to messages seeking their business.

and it's not even possible to use the "maybe they didn't see it" excuse, because FB tells you when the message is viewed. they saw my messages and flat out chose to ignore them. couldn't even be bothered to send back a "hey, we'll get you more information on this and get back to you via phone or e-mail." just flat out ignored it.

not a great way to earn someone's business that way either, IMO.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.