WaterGuru stopped working

Jul 24, 2017
Texas
My WaterGuru stopped measuring (stopped daily measurements, manually starts produce a "measuring" message, then that just goes away and it returns to the states page....no new measurements) I replaced batteries, customer service sent a new cassette, same problem so I am contacting them again today , hopefully they will replace the device I'm still within first year)-keeping fingers crossed. Agree if it was >1 year and they don't replace it probably wouldn't buy another one.....
I reviewed some thread on this Forum and there are several reports with the same problem. Sounds like it's a known problem with WaterGuru that they have not been able to fix (maybe sun, air and chlorine pounding this device day in and out just makes it not last as long as they would like)

B,

This whole site is dedicated to teaching pool owners how to test their own pool water with accurate and repeatable test kits.

What you have found with WaterGuru, is the same thing that we have found with all "automated" testing devices. They are never able to do what the pool owner can do themselves.

We never recommend turning over pool testing responsibilities to pool stores, pool professionals, or automated systems.

If you want it done right, just do it yourself.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Bperry and proavia
My WaterGuru stopped measuring (stopped daily measurements, manually starts produce a "measuring" message, then that just goes away and it returns to the states page....no new measurements) I replaced batteries, customer service sent a new cassette, same problem so I am contacting them again today , hopefully they will replace the device I'm still within first year)-keeping fingers crossed. Agree if it was >1 year and they don't replace it probably wouldn't buy another one.....
I reviewed some thread on this Forum and there are several reports with the same problem. Sounds like it's a known problem with WaterGuru that they have not been able to fix (maybe sun, air and chlorine pounding this device day in and out just makes it not last as long as they would like)
Try to reset/change battery, wait 2mins, then trigger another manual test while next to unit. If you get a “Bluetooth” connection successful message, then at least you know the sense is still physically working. And if that is the case, go to setting (top right gear icon), “change WiFi setting” and redo WiFi.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.