Waterfall recommendation

hilmiorta

Oct 5, 2020
Redondo Beach, CA
Folks -

Looking to add 3 x 24" with LEDs waterfalls to a new pool I'm about to build. Haven't been able to find a lot of posts on waterfalls on TFP.

What are solid brands - I've found
Marquis - they're Stainless Steel
CMP - I believe PVC
Pentair - no LED option available

Any other solid brands (with LED) I'm missing and is PVS or Stainless Steel the better option - overtime the SS seems to be more maintenance sensitive.

Hilmi

Hi Hilmi, welcome to TFP. Glad you found us before you got started, as the experts here can help you before, during and after your build!

I don't know much about waterfalls. Can you post a picture, maybe off of Goggle, that looks a bit like what you're trying to create? That will help our experts better advise you on the best way to go.

Looks great. Is that first image just something you found, or is that a rendering of the pool you are building for yourself?

@kimkats, hilmiorta is planning his new pool and is looking for some insight about the waterfalls he wants. Can you point him to the right experts?

Hi @hilmiorta ! Welcome to TFP. I LOVE those waterfalls with lights in them! They really show off the waterfalls at night! As far as which ones are the best ones I am not sure. I will call in @jimmythegreek as he is a current, active pool builder that takes great pride in his wonderful work. If he has used any waterfalls I can assure he checked them out first. Jimmy any input?

Thanks for the call @Dirk :hug:

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Dirk
Jandy has lots. Tier one for sure. I would probably buy Jandy over all others.

Reactions: hilmiorta
I have 3 of them sort of like what you pictured there above. Mine are driven by a dedicated pump so that they can run pretty much whenever I want them to. They were called sheer descents whenever I built my pool a couple of years ago. I guess Pentair might call them "MagicFalls" now. I have had no problem with mine. The only thing I would mention is that they can be finicky around if you really get a solid sheet of water out of them or not. You have a teenie-tiny little pebble wedged in there? then it disrupts the single wall of water effect. Not a biggie really and I just use a little butter knife to get them out. Happens maybe 2 times a year or so.
I also learned to put them on a timer and I run them like maybe 2 minutes every 3-4 days just so that any water in the lines doesn't get algae built up there. Also running them that little won't really impact the pH rise that happens if you run them a lot of the time. Then I just run them when I want for ambiance more than anything.
I will also note that they do really help with the occasional need to lower your TA. You just dump a bunch of acid in the pool (lets say that would also lower your pH to like 7.0 or something) then you just turn on the waterfalls and in a few hours your pH should be rising back to like 7.2-7.6 range depending on the size of the pool.
HTH

Reactions: hilmiorta
I use Jandy and CMP sheers exclusively. I dont do many lighted ones honestly. Theres logistics involved with wiring and access to them in certain install types amd they are pricey compared to standard sheers. Always have a filter before sheers amd if on their own suction amd supply use a small seperate filter for them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.