Barrie, ON, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
So yesterday, I had a pH of 7.8 and TA of 120. I added 900 mL 31.45% Muriatic Acid, and this morning I'm showing pH 7.2, TA 110.

I'm working on getting the TA down while keeping pH within acceptable limits. I have two returns and a waterfall, so I'll plan on using those for aeration. How long will it take for pH to rise? Obviously this depends on a million other factors, but I'm just looking for a ball-park answer. An hour, a day, a week?

10,000 Gallon, in-ground, vinyl lined, salt pool.

I'm targeting a TA of approximately 70. So I'll have to do this a few times, I'm out of Muriatic Acid, but I have "dry acid" available. I have enough to get down by another 30 before I need to buy some more.

Also, once I get my pH and TA where I want them, do I need to worry about the waterfall increasing pH on an ongoing basis?

Thank you.

Anything that churns the surface of the water adds aeration and raises pH. How fast it happens depends on how much churning (mixing air into the water) is going on. I would re-test pH after a couple of hours. You will need to keep an eye on pH if you run the waterfall a lot. With some tweeking and testing you may be able to find a sweet spot where pH is fairly stable even with the waterfall running.

C,

Reducing TA is a process and takes me about two full days,,

You have to keep reducing the pH about once every hour or two and have the waterfall run continually. At first the TA will fall very little, but after a while, it will start to come down quicker.. I shoot for a TA of 50, because it will rebound up to 60 or above pretty quickly.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: JT8Diesel
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.