Water won't clear!

Jun 15, 2017
Southgate mi
Hey everyone my name is Dustin this is my 1st post. I'm having big trouble with clearing my pool. It's a escape summer pool around 5000 gallons. I moved in to a house n the pool came with it. I've never own a pool b4. So I uncovered the pool n it was dark green so I put 8 gallons of liquid shock n in today's it was blue but super cloudy. I went to pool town n bought what I needed to get all my levels perfect which they are. I let my filter run a week straight with me added chlorine when needed brushing n vaccuming also. Nothing changed so I upgraded my pool pump to a intex 1600 gph sand filter. I let that run non stop I'm on the 5th day running that. I've been backwashing when needed I added water clearifer, Pool 1st aid, colrox shock. It got a tiny better. So now I have left it alone for 3 days just adding chlorine everyday day to keep my levels perfect. But I can see the bottom but just barley n it's been like that for 3 days I have no idea what to do anymore I've put like $400 in these pool n I know my electric bill is gonna be nuts so my last hope was coming here an posting this. Any suggestions?

My test numbers are

Ph 7.2
Free chlorine 3
Alkalinity 80
Stabilizer 0

Swing over to pool school and read up on the SLAM. Your FC should be in the double digits to slam it and clear it. If your commitment to the pool is true, then stay here and never step foot in a pool store again. All you need is BBB. Bleach, borax, baking soda, and some stabilizer. If it was me, and my pool is 7000 gallons, I'd drain it and fill and start over. But that's my opinion. Read pool school a bunch. It will click and your worries will be over. This forum is the best way to keep a pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.