Water turning green after adding chloring???

Jun 10, 2015
Ottawa, Canada
Came back from vacation with a nasty surprise...
Abnoral storm removed half my pool cover leaving leaves to go into my skimmer and clog it and stopped my filter from pumping water.
So, I was withou filtration and SWG not working for some days (not sure how many).
Water was a bit clouwdy but still not too bad, FC=0, CC=0.5. So, I was thinking: OK, not too bad a quick slam and we will be back to business quickly.
Brought my FC to 22, my CYA is at 50.
After about 1 hour, my pool is glowing green...3 hours later, it’s getting greenner, I can still see the bottom easily, but very green.
1st time I see this reaction. Anyone seen this before?

Have you put any algaecides in your pool?

Have you put any chemical in that say "blue" on the label?

No, nothing else than liquide chlorine(sodium hypochlorite), stabilizer, baking soda or muriatic acide goes into my pool, as per TFP rules. No copper or anything comming from pool store. I know I will recover,I just find that odd. The pool is still green, but already going the right way. But, will likely take longer than originaly expected to recover. My slam is under control.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.