Water Test Results

Apr 17, 2018
NAZARETH
Hi everyone....here are my latest test results. I have a 19,000 to 20,000 gallon Grecian (just moved in) my clarity is good. What do I Neff to have done?

PH - 7.5
FC - 0.3
TA - 61
Total Chlorine - 2.4
CH - 118
CYA - 150

These are pool store test results. I just got my tf100 test kit so I'll test with that after any recommendations. The guy at pool store said 22.5 pounds of Balance Pak 100 to raise TA, then 3.5 pounds of low and slow to adjust pH when it raises the TA, then 9 bags of shock to adjust whatever is happening to the free chlorine level.
Thanks everyone!!

What kind of pool do you have? If plaster, your CH is low so you could use cal-hypo to raise FC and CH. If vinyl, I would use liquid chlorine to raise FC since CYA is high and you don't need anymore CH.
TA is fine if pH isn't rising or lowering.
Get a TF-100 or Taylor K2006c test kit.

I have a vinyl pool. Should I use liquid bleach our shock it?

Shock is a part of a process. Liquid chlorine is sodium hypochlorite. What do you want to achieve?

Post a complete set of test results from your TF100 kit and we can provide guidance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great. With a CYA of 100 you should do Step 8 in Pool School - CYA

Once you have your final CYA, you can determine how you are planning to reduce it to 50 ppm via drain and refill.

A signature providing details of your pool and equipment will let us provide more complete guidance. See Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

KC, if I read this thread correctly, I think Marty's advice was to get a more accurate CYA test number and report that result back here. Not that you won't need to do anything eventually, but the CYA is pretty important.

Thanks man I appreciate it. I'll do that.
The pool store guy (when I got the results those morning) was concerned about the chlorine potentially fighting something because the free chlorine was low

Your test showed you have low FC based on your CYA. Once we know the real CYA level you will understand what FC is needed at that CYA level and why you need to drain to lower your CYA.

Great. So you need to drain 50% of your pool volume and replace with fresh water.

Maintaining a pool with CYA of 100 is possible, but your minimum FC is 8 ppm and your target is 11-13 ppm.

You should raise your FC to at least 13 ppm now until you are able to drain.

Your pH test is invalid when FC is above 10 ppm.

- - - Updated - - -

Is your pool vinyl liner, gunite, or fiberglass?

Draining has risk, so with more information we can provide more detailed guidance.

Please add a signature.

Great. So you need to drain 50% of your pool volume and replace with fresh water.

Maintaining a pool with CYA of 100 is possible, but your minimum FC is 8 ppm and your target is 11-13 ppm.

You should raise your FC to at least 13 ppm now until you are able to drain.

Your pH test is invalid when FC is above 10 ppm.

- - - Updated - - -

Is your pool vinyl liner, gunite, or fiberglass?

Draining has risk, so with more information we can provide more detailed guidance.

Please add a signature.

Okay thank you! How can I go about raising my FC to 13?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.