Water Table/floating liner question or concern.

Hello..newbie here in planning stage of a DIY 18x36 IG liner pool...I have read until my eyes hurt..lol...My fear is water intrusion behind the liner...Our pool will be all one depth of 48" (water depth)...is there a lot less worry for floating liners in shallow pools? or does it happen just as often in a shallow pool as one that has a deep end? Of all the things with the build, this is my biggest fear..

Chad

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

Are you in an area with a high water table? It is not uncommon in those areas to build a drainage system around the perimeter of the pool and a well with a sump pump to keep it dry around the pool.

Your pool is shallow so as Tim said, it would depend on the water table. However if I was to ever build another it would include the following at a minimum no matter where I lived:

- Well Point/Sump at Deep end at least a foot deeper than pool (This I did myself).
- Drainage slotted corrugated pipe all around bottom of metal walls but ABOVE the concrete footing and leading to the well point or another smaller well point that is down slope. Take the water away before it gets in behind the liner.
- Full gravel and drainage below the deep end bottom with the ability to add in a pump if required. Can't describe it properly at the moment but I've seem some pics of it and it certainly can't hurt and is very easily to put in yourself before the concrete goes in.

I've sure there are a few other good ideas but I've learned already lol.

Cheers

If your not sure about the height of the water table rent a 1 man post hole auger and drill a hole 8 feet deep (the rental place will have bit extensions, just ask for a few) and then leave he hole for a few days and see if water fills and how high it goes. For under $100 you will have a pretty good idea what your in for...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.