Water splashing out of pool skimmer When people are playing

Krazykids

Jul 6, 2020
Waukesha,Wisconsin
Does anyone know how to stop the water from washing out underneath my pool.. Every time anyone's in the pool just a little bit of movement Tends to splash out of the skimmer? The water is at the center screw...
The pool has already dipped down in that area from the past owners...

Attachments

• 15940692679101177033177621273363.jpg
    15940692679101177033177621273363.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 56
Welcome to TFP! :wave: So is the water leaking out from under that flap? Is that why you have the bungee cord around it? The cord seems like a pretty good idea. But if water is still getting out and washing away everything below, you may have to get creative with a different ground cover technique. Maybe use some sort of liner material down first, graded at a good angle, then cover it with paving stones, pebble rocks, or gravel also angled away for good water direction.

My pool had the same issue. When we bought the house (pool was installed by previous owner), there had been so much wash out below the skimmer that the liner was actually almost going under the rail. Maybe not that far, but it was at least a good 3" divot inside the pool where the dirt outside the pool washed away, taking sand from under the pool with it.

We changed the liner not too long after and added sand to get back to level.

My solution was to just build a small deck below the skimmer. Not too big (approx 6 x 6), and only a few inches off the ground. It is enough to break the splashes up, keeping the ground from washing. Also keeps me from having to stand in the water when cleaning the skimmer and working on the pump / filter.

The bungee idea is about all you can do to keep the sloshing down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.