Water Seeping Between Pool and Integrated spill over spa - Midway built

Cathaygirl

Apr 1, 2021
Queensland, Aus
Hi,
Hi I’m a newbie to this forum and have learnt so much since I first across this community.
We started our concrete pool built a couple months ago and we r now at the stage of pebblecreting the pool.
Our pool builder has not been very helpful during the built and can be very laidback with my concerns.

We started having a lot of rain and pool and spa have filled halfway. Now that the water is residing, we realise that the water from the spa is leaking into the main body of the pool ( corner where the pool wall and spa wall meets. ) and water is seeping from the spa and leaking towards the bottom of the pool.

I’ve brought this attention to the pool builder and he says it’s very normal. He also mentioned there are a few cracks near to the steps of the pool as well but won’t effect the integrity of the pool. The pebblecrete will help to seal any leaks or cracks.
My concern is the possible of leaks that we can’t seeas it’s in ground. I’ve already brought it to the Queensland Building Commission and they said to seek a second opinion but I’m not sure who to call. Which brings me here and get better clarity if this is Not normal. If so, I May need to hire a pool certifier soon. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• B502DAA0-0B5F-41B5-A0E2-0E70AB1917E5.jpeg
    B502DAA0-0B5F-41B5-A0E2-0E70AB1917E5.jpeg
    624 KB · Views: 20
  • CCE957EA-48E1-46C5-92D4-18DE6A313400.jpeg
    CCE957EA-48E1-46C5-92D4-18DE6A313400.jpeg
    637.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Hi, welcome to TFP! The gunite shell is not water tight so its not unusual to see ground water seep into the pool before the plaster is applied. Small, thin cracks are also normal at this stage of the pool build. I don't see anything that looks like a structural crack in the gunite shell. Once the plaster finish is applied the pool will be water tight and should not leak. I'll ask a couple of experts to give their opinion.
@JamesW , @jimmythegreek

^^ I agree. As long as any cracks are surface cracks from shrinkage and similar stuff thwrea no worry. The finish coat of plaster seals the pool. Only high PSI concrete is actually waterproof on it's own. Water naturally passes thru to deeper open cavities.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.