Water Pressure Switch Removal (Pentair Heater)

Aug 17, 2017
Prospect, KY
Hello,
I moved into this home a few months ago. It has an in-ground pool and a Pentair MasterTemp 250 gas heater. One of the winterizing steps in the manual is to remove the water pressure switch. I easily gained access to the heater by removing the two panels and located the water pressure switch. However, after disconnecting the two electrical leads and rotating the switch counterclockwise, the switch terminals hit the frame so I cannot remove the switch. The side that it hits is the main body panel of the heater. There's no practical way of removing it. This seems like a ridiculously poor design. Am I being a dunsky? I'm attaching pictures to help illustrate. Top picture shows switch in natural state. Bottom picture shows wires removed and switch rotated about 200 degrees until body of switch hits the side. Thanks in advance for any advice.

pressure_switch.jpg

Here is a pic of the current manual used by Pentair and what they say to do for winterizing. This is from an updated manual. As long as the unit is drained, no need for antifreeze.

Pentair Winterizing.jpg

Thank you for the replies.
Yes - I am using the manual that ps0303 referred to.
I finally got the pressure switch out. I ended up removing a couple of wing nuts from beneath the top panel and then had to remove a couple of bolts for the burn chamber mounts. I was then able to push the side panel back far enough to unscrew the pressure switch. I admit it wasn't too hard, but I think it's a bit of hassle to when a better design would have made it easier - especially considering the removal of the pressure switch is in their manual. But at least now it's done. I sealed up the air intake with some plastic while I was in there. I am attaching a picture that has yellow arrows pointing to where I removed the wing nut and bolt (one each on both sides of heater). Second picture shows how I was able to then push the side panel away far enough to unscrew the pressure switch.
Thanks again for the helpful replies. Cheers.

disassemble.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.