Water MAY have gotten behind Vinyl Liner pool

gdog2004

Jul 19, 2011
Lehigh Valley, PA
So here in PA we got a TON of snow over the last month and my pool was frozen and snow covered for most of the month so I could not even get to it to drain.
Once it warmed up a little I took a look under the cover and the water was about a 1/4 inch from the top of the liner ! I immediately went to drain it with a shop vac and later used a submersible pump. Its possible some water may have gotten behind the liner as it was VERY close and maybe another part of the pool cover that still had snow on it may have pushed some of the water over the top.
Is this a big deal ? I had the water drained well below the skimmer for winter but it has been frozen for awhile now with rain/snow piling up so no opportunity to drain. Any thoughts/input would be appreciated.

G

You don't notice the liner pulling away from the walls? Can you actually feel a "bubble" of water behind it? If not, It probably is not a huge deal. Depending on how high your water table is and how well your soil drains, it will probably just drain away assuming it is even back there.

You don't notice the liner pulling away from the walls? Can you actually feel a "bubble" of water behind it? If not, It probably is not a huge deal. Depending on how high your water table is and how well your soil drains, it will probably just drain away assuming it is even back there.
Thanks for speedy reply friend.
Cover is still on the pool so it is hard to tell. I have no idea how high my water table is :/ --I guess I will have to wait till I open the pool. I would imagine not much could have gotten back there but I don't know for sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.