water leveler-level of water won't lower

outdoorsgal

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 24, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Pool company changed out the leveler a year ago and it's already seeming to have probs, again! The level of the water is high. Since the summer I've been turning it down a few turns and waiting a couple of weeks to see if the level lowered. Last week I turned it just a quarter of a notch wondering if it works like a clock in that if set at a certain place it'll level out at that height. It doesn't seem to be changing to me. It's on the colder side so I don't know how long I should be waiting for evaporation but it's been a few mths and I see no change. I contacted pb and they said it's no longer under warranty and if the water level is too high it sounds like a valve. Any thoughts and guidance on what I should do next would be great. thx!

Do you have a valve in the waterfeed that you can turn the leveler off?

What model leveler do you have?

Pics may help understand your problem.

Your float valve may have something in it preventing the float from closing it, and you are getting too much water through the valve . Try removing the float valve and check it to make sure that it closes and seals nicely. while the valve is removed, turn the water on and flush the line out real good before you reinstall the float valve so that any possible debris or sediment gets flushed out.

Is this water line coming from a well? Does it have a sediment filter on it?

Hi folks. Sorry I ditched my thread and thanku for your comments. We had a pipe leak in the house and have been dealing with that. I think I"ll worry about this issue later as our torn up kitchen and bathroom r taking precedence. Later I'll review this. For now, though, great thoughts. not a well, hard water, high pressure. thx!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.