Nassau County, Long Island NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Reliant / Purechlor R4
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. We live on long island. The pool has been open for about a month. We have been running the heat pump so we generally lose some water over the course of a few days. I noticed in the last couple of days I lost a couple of inches. Seemed a little more out of the norm. I filled back up to a line I have on my skimmer. I left the pump off overnight. I check the line and it went down a very small fraction. I assume that is due to evaporation. My wife is convinced there is a leak in the heat pump. When we run the pump with the heat pump off, the bottom of the heat pump is dry. When running with the pump on, the heat pump is saturated at the bottom and surrounding area. Any ideas? Heat pump is Heyward SUMXL140.

You can do the bucket test to see if you have a leak or if it's evaporation. See the article here:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.