Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello TFP,

First time pool owner, we just finished pool construction this year and the pool builder had our pool filled in October. We heated it and swam about a week then shut it down.

Pool water level during winter,. We have a mesh cover and currently the water level is about 3 inches below normal levels. Looking at some average rainfalls totals in our region we should get around 6in-7in before April. Should I pump it down a bit?.

It's still got 2ppm cloroine. I put in some polyquat before the winter cover got put on.

I would leave alone for now. Higher water level will support the safety cover if/when the snow arrives. Can always pump some out later if it gets too high with a wet winter.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: The only other thing I could think of might be if you have waterline tile. That might be something to watch as you get more rain coupled with freezing temps. Congrats on the new pool. :swim:

Thanks for the quick responses. We do not have tile. For whatever reason I was thinking the pool builder wanted to keep water out of the skimmers. I know they put in a 1/4 gallon of antifreeze into the skimmer piping and then plugged it. Then poured the reset in each skimmer and then put the bottle in the skimmer... I think that it was supposed to be for freeze protection (gives the water something to freeze around) but it doesn't do much floating..

I think that it was supposed to be for freeze protection (gives the water something to freeze around) but it doesn't do much floating..
Exactly. Especially if they only plugged the skimmer opening and did not use a Gizmo product. Some cut-up pool noodles also are popular for freeze expansion protection in the skimmer. So you should be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.