Water level dropping ~1" every 8-10 hours...

Jul 23, 2010
Southern NH
This weekend I noticed the pool water level dropped quite a bit overnight. The following night I marked the water level with the pump off and checked first thing in the morning. It dropped at least an inch overnight (pump off, no swimmers, no nothing). There are no visible leaks coming from any of the hardware and I haven't found any soggy spots in the yard.

I'm considering draining the pool to just below the returns, blowing them out, and then seeing if the water continues to drop. If it does, then I know it's something other than the returns. Is that a decent plan of attack?

I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do in this situation. I'm worried it's a) a hole in the liner, or b) something busted in the underground plumbing. Both sound expensive to fix. :)

Thanks

Unfortunately you have to let the water continue to drop down until it stops. Once it stops, your leak will be at or just above the water line.
Usual suspects....
Skimmer.
Returns.
Pool light.
Main drains.

You can always call in a leak detection company as well to help you find the leak sooner.

Reactions: racharoow
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.