Water leaking through PebbleTec during fill.

IFightClouds

Jul 25, 2020
Murrieta, CA
We just finished a pool and as the pool is filling up I noticed a spot in the pebble that was leaking water into the pool.

Our builder seems to thing that it's no big deal and we'll just "keep an eye on it" but I have no idea what I'm doing and it seems like a big deal to me.

Is it a problem?

you may want to provide a picture. Are you saying the ground water is seeping through the gunite and plaster (pebble)? Did the PB explain where the water may be coming from?

New plaster is porous when applied and in its first few days until it cures. Give your builder some slack.

This is from just before they started filling it. Yes it's coming from the ground. It's not a ton of water but it's a visible trickle.

Builder thinks it's probably coming from the neighbors sprinklers and he's probably right, they tend to overwater. I just don't know if it's a big deal or not.
IMG_20200724_184908.jpg

Thanks for the picture. I had a different vision when I read your first post. I agree with others, the plaster needs to cure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.