Water leaking around Jandy Valve?

fezzer0014

May 13, 2019
PA
My set up has a pool and with connected hot tub. I have a 3 way Jandy valve just before the pump and another one after the heater on the return side. When I run the pool the water in my hot tub drains pretty significantly (almost half in an 8 hour session). When I run the hot tub, the water level rises and eventually begins to overflow into the pool. Are Jandy valves known to fail over time? Anyone else have the same issue? Does the valve need to be cleaned out/repaired or does it need to be replaced?

This type of valve has a diverter inside and the older models did wear out. If you feel comfortable working on them you can remove the screws holding the lid and the whole assembly comes out. The newer Jandy valves have a kit you can buy called the neverlube diverter kit for older valves. You might want to take a few pictures and post them if your not sure what to order. A little tip, if the pool or spa are above the valves or equipment plumbing I don't suggest pulling the diverters until you have the new ones to replace them.

Are your Jandy valves gray or black?

Post pics of them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.