Water leaking after so called repair

Mar 31, 2013
TN
pool jet 1.jpg

Pool guy had to come by and reinstalled jet cover after yours truly couldn't get it back on. Long story! I have been pumping 50-75 gallons out morning and night for four days. The jet is not screwed in all the way like my others are in the pool. Could that cause this issue? you can see in the pic that it is not screwed all the way in. Ideas?

No, the jet fitting would not have anything to do with a water leak. It's for water direction only. But, if it was hard to get in, or screwed in crooked or wrong, it could have cracked the wall fitting. I've seen that happen. Has your pool started leaking after your PM put the fitting in?

It was leaking before then and they came once before and pumped it out then dumbbutt me took the cover off to clean behind it for potential algae growth and couldn't get but one screw back in so they came and put the cover back on. It has leaked ever since. I took the eye out this morning and it had a piece of the liner in the threaded. I trimmed it out carful lay and put the eye back in and it easily screwed back in all the way or at least further than it was. It did not over tighten it for sure.

Ok, the other pool guy came by yesterday and found that when the pool store guy put the cover back on he did not get it sealed properly. I put a patch over the jet hole and cut a new hole in it and reinstalled the jet and it fixed the problem. He shot dye in it to start with and it was leaking on the upper side of the hole, it was hard to see from above but that is no excuse for the pool store guy. Probably done with the pool store people.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.