Water leak through air release valve

Bacon_ISF

Mar 29, 2020
Tampa, FL
Hello TFP,

My cartridge filter is leaking from the top through the air release valve hole. I've tried running it with and without the filter inside. Not much difference. Also checked the small o-ring that's on the release valve and that seemed fine.
Hopefully experts here can diagnose this... I've tried searching the forum but didn't see anything.
Pressure gauge is reading 20 psi.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Filter_leak.jpg
    Filter_leak.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 8
B,

I am not sure about your specific filter, but on mine, junk can get up inside the air relief valve, and not allow it to fully close..

To prevent this, I make sure when the filter is cleaned, I use a hose to clean out the valve. I have once or twice had to open a filter just to clean the valve..

Something that I never tried, but that might work, is to shut off the pump and use a garden hose to force water backward through the valve. The downside would be that the filter will drain back into the pool unless you have valves you can use to keep that from happening.

If that won't fix it, then I would replace the valve assembly.

Thanks,

Jim R.

B,

Not really... I read your problem as the air relief valve (hole) on your filter was leaking... I was suggesting that you put a garden hose up to the filter and try to force water into the hole and back into your filter with the pump off. And with the air relief hole open..

Let me know if I misunderstand the problem..

I am assuming the you can open and close your air relief valve

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.