Water feature increase pressure

Oct 10, 2011
I have two waterfalls for the pool and they are plumbed as one of the outputs and I believe that they are too big for the pool. I have these turned up all the way and yet the water coming out is pretty weak and often runs along the wall and off the deck. Even at full rpms and cleaning the filters it’s still a bit weak

Is there a way to make the slot smaller so that it will use less pressure?

Attachments

• IMG_6509.jpeg
    IMG_6509.jpeg
    824 KB · Views: 6
Is this a dedicated features pump? Or are your pool returns and features on same pump?
You might consider adding a dedicated pump to run these only when you want them on, when you’re there to enjoy it.
Otherwise, it’s best to leave them off to help with pH management (constant aeration leads to pH rise).

If on the same pump as your returns, you could consider diverting the flow away from returns to get more flow to these features, again, when you want them and you’re there to enjoy it.

I have two waterfalls for the pool and they are plumbed as one of the outputs and I believe that they are too big for the pool. I have these turned up all the way and yet the water coming out is pretty weak and often runs along the wall and off the deck. Even at full rpms and cleaning the filters it’s still a bit weak

Is there a way to make the slot smaller so that it will use less pressure?
What size pump? Do you have the returns and sheers operating at the same time? Shut off the returns to get more to the sheers. If there is not a valve at the equipment pad, sometimes it is behind that wall/bench that houses the sheers.
Running the sheers constantly changes pH and causes faster water loss to evaporation.