Oct 8, 2021
Marvin, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey guys,
I’ve read through some charts and calculators and feel comfortable for what I have but I thought to throw this out into the universe and see what you think.
My pool….
About 700 sqft surface with 3 waterfalls and ponds and 5 step jet all which run 24 hours a day . I’m in North Carolina easy high 80s to high 90s. Pool water 88-83 degrees.
If it doesn’t rain, I losing just a bit more then 3/8ths of an inch per day. 7/8ths in two day to be exact.
Thanks Lou

Attachments

• 32DEB3EF-11EF-4D7F-997D-C6E84B994049.jpeg
    32DEB3EF-11EF-4D7F-997D-C6E84B994049.jpeg
    632.2 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    753.4 KB · Views: 15
With that amount of aeration and water splashing, surprised it is that low. Mine is double to triple that with no water features.

All about climatic conditions.

The high air temperature each day is not a real driver in the evaporation rate. Far more evaporation occurs when the pool water temperature exceeds the air temperature. Also is dominated by the dew point of the air.

My climate right now our high temp is 115F and low 90F. Water temperature is about 90F. Dew point in the teens.

Hey IGT !!! Anecdotal evidence this last week....... my new pool stayed dead on for the first 2 weeks + and then the nights got cooler. Everyday this week I awoke to a lightly steaming pool and 3/8ths loss.

Keep an eye on it of course, but you're probably fine.

Reactions: I Got This!!!!!!
Question guys,
If a leak is on the suction side would we see air bubbles in the pump and if it’s the return side we would not see air in the pump but a measurable water loss???
I ask because, and maybe it’s the heat we had , the water has been dropping what seems quicker lately.
I run my vs pump 24/7….
Last night I leveled off the pool, turned the waterfalls and the 5 step fountains off , set a marker on the waterline at 5pm.
This morning at 9am I was 1/2” down…..
I have 5 home runs for supplies and 4 on the suction side.
I’m thinking about refilling the pool tonight, leave water features off and also close off one of the supplies and recheck in 24 hours. I’ll redo this every night changing the supply I’m testing.
I’m concerned because I’m adding about 300 gallons a day to the pool.
Thanks Lou

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.