Water clarity (and showin' off just a little)

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
[attachment=0:1f44tjpl]DSC00049.JPG[/attachment:1f44tjpl][attachment=1:1f44tjpl]DSC00048.JPG[/attachment:1f44tjpl][attachment=2:1f44tjpl]DSC00047.JPG[/attachment:1f44tjpl]From time to time, we get discussions questioning the capability of sand filters to produce clear water. These photos were taken today penetrating roughly 7-8 feet of water (6' water - pictures taken on about a 20-30 degree slant) and should lay that discussion to rest.

Chlorine only and sand only....no DE, nor clarifiers...I've been running the filter roughly 12 hours daily.

I practice BBB - :cool: :cool:

Attachments

mitch08

Jun 30, 2008
Suffolk County, NY
Butterfly said:
Ha! Have you thought about putting some water in your pool? :mrgreen: J/K Looks great! :goodjob:

showoff :lol:
LOL, I was about to say the same thing. It's easy to show off how clear it looks before you put water in it. :goodjob:

Seriously though, it looks amazing!!! :cheers:

Crzyfrlss1

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 6, 2008
Central, CT
I still want to know how he goes about the process of changing out the sand in that monster filter he's got when and if it ever needs to be done :)

dmanb2b

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 4, 2009
NY
Hey Dave...looks like you're getting pretty good at the BBB thing, so good that you might consider starting your own swimming pool forum...oh no wait :hammer: :oops:

Just kidding...looks awesome Dave!!!

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
I think you're gonna wanna get some sequestrant in there. Looks like you have some copper in there. :mrgreen: Oh wait! They don't make them out of copper now do they? :-D

Shane1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2010
Buckeye, AZ 85326
Looks great! The coin trick seems to ne a pretty good gauge for clarity. Now I have to try it :hammer: ! I'll have to beg borrow or steal 6 cents from my 2 year old. :oops:

poolgirl22

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2010
Stephens City, VA
Dave...
Your coin trick's got nothin' on my wedding ring trick...
Thank you TFP, it was quite visible with minimal lighting this weekend. And no. I didn't take pictures.

Casey

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2007
SW PA
I love your liner Dave! Do you think you can squeeze the whole pool into a pic for us? :mrgreen:

geekgranny

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 20, 2009
North Central Texas
That's pretty impressive. As long as I have calcium scaling, constantly releasing from my pool, I'll never have water that clear no matter what the filter.

I am recommending a sand filter to my friend. :-D

gg=alice