Feb 3, 2021
Rock Hill, SC
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
We are very new pool owners and have no idea how to maintain our pool. Our pool builder promised to help us, but he ghosted us after the install.

So, we got our pool water tested by two different pool companies. The readings are very similar, but the corrective actions are different. One is telling us to put 2 bags of salt and pH reducer while the other is telling us to put in muriatic acid and shock. Any advice? Readings are attached.

Also, how do you tell the difference between mustard algae and dirt? We keep cleaning our pool trying to get rid of what we think is dirt, but it keeps coming back so I am thinking it might be mustard algae.

Attachments

• 20210728_181557.jpg
    20210728_181557.jpg
    546.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210728_181546.jpg
    20210728_181546.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 5
Assuming this is the same water sample, you just provide proof that pool store testing can be inconsistent either in results or solutions.
It would be best that you invest in your test kit - see - Test Kits Compared

Also fill out your signature with the volume of pool, type of equipment and test kit. I assume you have a salt water pool based on your salt readings.

With your low FC reading you may be fighting algae. It would be good to purchase some liquid chlorine so you can raise your FC level quickly. What type of filter do you have? Have you cleaned it recently?

Assuming this is the same water sample, you just provide proof that pool store testing can be inconsistent either in results or solutions.
It would be best that you invest in your test kit - see - Test Kits Compared

Also fill out your signature with the volume of pool, type of equipment and test kit. I assume you have a salt water pool based on your salt readings.

With your low FC reading you may be fighting algae. It would be good to purchase some liquid chlorine so you can raise your FC level quickly. What type of filter do you have? Have you cleaned it recently?
Thank you for the reply @HermanTX - I will update my signature once I find out all my information.

We do have a salt water pool with a Jandy cartridge filter. We have not cleaned it yet, but will check it this weekend and move forward with that.

Don't be afraid of testing your own water; it really is the only way to maintain a clean pool!

Thank you for the reply @HermanTX - I will update my signature once I find out all my information.

We do have a salt water pool with a Jandy cartridge filter. We have not cleaned it yet, but will check it this weekend and move forward with that.
I am just preparing you that if you have to SLAM Process to get rid of your algae then you want a clean filter to start.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.