Water causing hives

Jul 2, 2018
Valrico, FL
Posting for a friend.

He has a new above ground chlorine pool in Ohio. Water was trucked in at the end of last season after install. Pool was closed almost immediately. Pool stores say his water is fine.

For some reason he's sensitive to the water. He breaks out in hives. He was here visiting in Florida and had no problems in the resort pool but it may have been salt. What can I tell him to look for? It doesn't seem to be affecting his wife. I did have him get a Taylor fas-dpd test kit.

Ph 7.6
Chlorine 2
Cya 40
Alk 160
Hardness 120

Thanks!

Hey proto !!! It sounds like he is having an allergic reaction to something in the water. My kids got rashes many times from others’ pools and the water parks. If it’s hives in the traditional sense, it’s probably just him. If it is a light rash and 100 red dots it’s a bacterial infection that will eventually affect everybody and he needs an antibiotic cream.

Either way, that water is unsanitary and needs to be sterile pronto. See the SLAM and FC charts that Marty posted above.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.