Water behind liner in deep end

roba31

Jun 23, 2018
ROCHESTER
This actually happened to us last year but I wanted to see what everyone thought about this. We noticed that the liner in our deep end felt a little spongy. Last year when this happened we had a diver come and look for any leaks. No leaks. We thought maybe there was a leak in our plumbing somewhere but really we didn't have any indication of that around the pool. We had a reputable pool company come take a look and they said maybe some water was leaking through the bottom drain and we could try plugging it. We did that last year and eventually the water receded. We kept the drain plugged as you really can operate the pool without it. However we have water in the deep end again. This did occur after a heavy rain fall. We have sandy soil which won't really retain water. And the area around our pool slopes down and away. Our only thought is that maybe some water is getting in at the joints in our coping. We have a jewel shaped pool and some of the coping clips are missing. Does anyone think this is what's happening? Any other thoughts? The water went away on its own before so we aren't super concerned about that. Just wondered how we could prevent this from happening.

You need some well points around your pool to drain surface water away so it does not accumulate around your liner. It is easier to install proper drainage during the pool construction.

So how is this done now since we obviously aren't at the pool construction phase? Super expensive I'm guessing?

All depends what is around your pool and the topology of the ground.

Show us some pics of the pool and the ground around it.

@jimmythegreek may have some suggestions.

It looks like the pool might be in a depression relative to the hill nearby.

I would install a dry well at the circled red area or other area right outside the pool to allow you to check the ground water and pump it out.

It should not be too expensive; it's just a hole, some pipe and a lid.

You want to make sure that the ground water can get in the tube.

Maybe contact a local well person or similar to do the job.

1628454601057.png

It looks like the pool might be in a depression relative to the hill nearby.

I would install a dry well at the circled red area or other area right outside the pool to allow you to check the ground water and pump it out.

It should not be too expensive; it's just a hole, some pipe and a lid.

You want to make sure that the ground water can get in the tube.

Maybe contact a local well person or similar to do the job.

View attachment 362701
Thank you so much for your help. I will get in contact with someone to get this done.

Reactions: JamesW
There should be several local companies with this type of experience.

There are several ways to do the dry well.

You just need someone who does this all the time to evaluate the yard and give you the best options.

Here is one example of a dry well installation with a sump pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.