Water balancing suggestions

Dwporter

Mar 27, 2021
Oklahoma
I'm looking for advice on balancing water. My pool installation was complete in August of 2020, I used strips( I know, I didn't know better) for reading chemicals and I chlorinated with Chlorox 3" tabs; everything seemed fine for the two months the pool was open. Winterized the pool, now fast forward to spring I added 4500 gallons since I did a partial drain for winterizing. I'm just getting started with the TFP method.

The following are my numbers from yesterday's test.
FC 6.0 (was at 3.5 added recommended the bleach)
PH 7.2 (this was at 7.8, added recommended muriatic acid to lower to 7.2 to lower TA)
TA 182
CH 162
CYA 70

Pool water currently is clear and looks good.

My main question is that I'm on well water and just added 4500 gallons of water, I really don't want to 1/2 drain/refill and strain my old pump and well. Am I close enough to manage FC let it burn off through the summer here in Oklahoma where it is very hot in the summer? Also, I have no other on filling the pool.

Last edited:
How are you testing your pool water?
The listed TA and CH numbers aren't possible with either of the recommended testkits - Test Kits Compared .
Pool store and/or test strip results have proven inaccurate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.