Water and Iron Question - Delivery in 3 hours!

Jun 8, 2016
Tampa
Good Morning!
The pool installers are here finishing up our first AGP this morning.
I have a water truck scheduled for noon today to start filling.

The water trucks are 6,000 gal each and my question is if I should save the extra $325 and have them only bring in 12,000 gallons, which would leave me filling the remaining 2,000 by hose.
The issue, our well water was measured at .26PPM iron on our last water test. I've gone ahead and following the advice of this forum and built the Dual Pentek big blue dual filter setup, which has a 5 Micron filter, followed by a .5 Micron filter.
If I do the 2,000 gallons via this filter, will I be ok? Last thing I want to do is sacrifice water quality for $325, but it dawned on me this morning that maybe this would work out just fine....

Thoughts?

We used well water to fill about 8000 gallons. So much iron you couldn't see a foot down. We also ran through the same filter you are using, but since the iron wasn't yet oxidized coming out of the well, that route didn't work. Polyfill in a bucket on the side of our pool with our sump from a bucket in the hopper (equipment not up yet) and clear as a bell in 3 days. It was amazing!!

Reactions: Newdude
I wish ours was sparkling clean from the get go!
? here's our fill water. Notice the big blue drum. That's Big Gus. He removes a LOT of rust!?.

I'm sure you'll do great.?

Attachments

• IMG_20200531_154837.jpg
    IMG_20200531_154837.jpg
    762.6 KB · Views: 4
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.