Water and Iron Question - Delivery in 3 hours!

dbdubb28

Jun 8, 2016
Tampa
Good Morning!
The pool installers are here finishing up our first AGP this morning.
I have a water truck scheduled for noon today to start filling.

The water trucks are 6,000 gal each and my question is if I should save the extra $325 and have them only bring in 12,000 gallons, which would leave me filling the remaining 2,000 by hose.
The issue, our well water was measured at .26PPM iron on our last water test. I've gone ahead and following the advice of this forum and built the Dual Pentek big blue dual filter setup, which has a 5 Micron filter, followed by a .5 Micron filter.
If I do the 2,000 gallons via this filter, will I be ok? Last thing I want to do is sacrifice water quality for $325, but it dawned on me this morning that maybe this would work out just fine....

Thoughts?

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
It sounds to me like you have it figured. And if the water goes green or brown with chlorine even after the filtering, some pillow stuffing in the skimmer will catch it and then a sequestrant will finish things.

SSharp

Bronze Supporter
Aug 25, 2019
Nebraska
We used well water to fill about 8000 gallons. So much iron you couldn't see a foot down. We also ran through the same filter you are using, but since the iron wasn't yet oxidized coming out of the well, that route didn't work. Polyfill in a bucket on the side of our pool with our sump from a bucket in the hopper (equipment not up yet) and clear as a bell in 3 days. It was amazing!!

Reactions: Newdude

dbdubb28

Jun 8, 2016
Tampa
Thanks all. We pulled it off yesterday! 12k gallons from the water truck and the remaining 2k thru the filters direct from the well. PH measured about 7.8 last night and the FC was 1 (I’m guessing this is from the 12k of city water).

Reactions: SSharp and Newdude