Wasn't expecting a pool?!

Yes, small bubbles is usually a suction side leak, the most common ones are around the pump fittings, either the top basket rubber seal, the plugs, or other fittings, it is best to lubricate these with silicone lubricant (not silicone glue or sealant), also don't use petroleum jelly or any oil based products as this can make the rubber swell.

Ike

For all I know it could have both suction and pressure leak.

Anyway I'll check tomorrow around the pump and try what you said , with the lube, isn't there any definitive checks , like running hose over the pipes , like you do with a puncture.

Another thing that's happening is the spa empties out to 1/2 way when I turn the pump off sometimes, it's as if a valve is getting stuck somewhere.

Uhhm , just a small update :)

Tan pebblecrete - be gone !

Raised pool coping - be gone!

Terracotta pavers be gone!

Haha , do I need to start a new thread in a different area ?

I need a bit of advice on pool resurfacing

1AD8224C-D72B-48B9-919C-741770A27830-4205-0000052335AC2406_zpsd14a3b6e.jpg

Ok cool first the paving around the pool ,

I found (second hand unused) 35sq meters of tumbled travertine pre cut to French pattern $300 the lot , good buy? :)

Apparently it's turkish , and the color is called noce

0CBF7CFA-62B2-491A-A30B-89A87C98FED0-4205-0000052B0A381B40_zps4ea85406.jpg

The questions re pavers - i know it's preference but what would you do?

Should I follow the French pattern all the way as coping (to edge of pool)?

Should I fill in the holes with grout?

What color grout , matching or contrasting?

Next question is do I need to use bull nose coping , or is the tumbled travertine good enough ?

I've trawled through lot of pics of pools on houzz and various others , and it seems most people choose a darker shade on the coping , the tile supplier said noce is the darkest trav.

He suggested this limestone , but what do you think? doesn't match?

E36A8FBD-4A28-4197-9EF3-FE707AF17FF3-4205-00000537FBB49C32_zps992d585c.jpg

As to your last questions, no one can answer properly as you'll be the one to live with those decisions and they are very personal to do with taste.

One other option you have for a smooth finish would be a sanded/polished type. Hydrazzo, or Primera Stone, etc. A little pricey, but smooth and much less than all tile finishes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
see thats the kind of advice i was looking for , that hydrazzo looks great ! but not sure if i can get it here in aussie, is it like quartzon ?

hmm need to research more, and yes pool redos are a personal taste , but lets not forget my pool knowlege started at this threads begining , let along remodeling.

there might be something i wsnt even aware of :)

i was thinking of using these on the outside of the spa ,mor go tiles all around you think?
10751908-80D8-4628-8D4B-87866F7F2AAA-4205-0000053968FEB0D5_zps6e7f9b5a.jpg

Hey , I have a dilema , should I continue the blue tiles on the outside wall of the spa , or the builder suggested he can cut the travertine into 1/2 size lengths and go around the spa?

That's too much of a personal choice. If you like it enough to see more of it, then put it on. You have to be the one to live with it. I like it, and If I could afford it, I would likely want more of it in the right places/amounts. Up to you.

That's true .

I will go travertine all the way around the spa except the mouth, They have to cut each slice 100mm wide and they have to angle cut the back of the pieces 45deg so that the grout joints remain the same thickness throughout.

In regards to the grout , I'm picking a sand based grout (light beige) , and a water based impregnating sealer that will retain the dry look of the stone- two coats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.