Apr 15, 2020
Pageland SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all,

I love my Warrior SE. It was money well spent.

However, it frequently gets hung up on one of my main drains. Almost every time I go out to the pool it's parked on top of one. I believe it's getting hung up part way through a cleaning cycle and never getting off.

Anything I can do about that?

I've also come up on it sort of "turtled" like this.

IMG_20200914_160349758.jpg

Is that something that may happen occasionally, or should I check for a problem related to that also?

Surprising it would get stuck for any length of time. It should continue it's cycle 'program' back and forth and trying to execute turns. It's dumb, it doesn't know it's stuck. The tracks and roller continue to churn away right? It should work its way free eventually.

Is the pump running at the same time as the robot? It should work its way free but if it doesn't and pump is running maybe try turning pump off when robot is running

Mine finished a cycle once and stopped like the picture. It runs for 2 hours and stops as soon as it gets to 2 hours run time

Surprising it would get stuck for any length of time. It should continue it's cycle 'program' back and forth and trying to execute turns. It's dumb, it doesn't know it's stuck. The tracks and roller continue to churn away right? It should work its way free eventually.

Not always. Sometimes it's high centered in such a way that it can't get off. It will stay until I tug on the cord.

Is the pump running at the same time as the robot? It should work its way free but if it doesn't and pump is running maybe try turning pump off when robot is running

Mine finished a cycle once and stopped like the picture. It runs for 2 hours and stops as soon as it gets to 2 hours run time

That's a good thought. I hadn't considered that maybe the auction from the pool pump would be contributing.

It's definitely running at the same time sometimes when it's stuck. I like to run them at the same time, so anything the robot is stirring up might get filtered by the pool pump as well. I'm not sure if it's every time. I'll pay attention to that and see if it has an effect!

Yes, it still "runs". On top of the main drain until the cycle is over.

Changing the scheduling to my robot running when the pump is off seems effective. I now go out to the pool to find the robot parked randomly anywhere in the pool, and the pool is cleaner than it has ever been.

Something I found equally as effective is switching the multi port valve to skimmer only when I'm running the pump and actually still running the robot while the pump is on.

It's keeping up with leaves beginning to fall very well.

Reactions: CTFocusST
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.