Warranty issues with Intheswim.com Solar cover

Mar 15, 2015
San Ramon, CA
I am having warranty issues with intheswim.com solar cover warranty. Their warranty is junk and i regret not reading the terms & conditions otherwise would have known its junk. They basically treat any rips & tears done by customer & wouldn't consider complete delamination as included. For them delamination only means water in the cover and thats it. Bubbles are explicitly out of warranty. My cover is totally gone after 1.5 years putting into service. I am out 98$ for a 12 mil cover. Can anyone recommend a better place to buy covers than these crooks? By the way, they sell their covers by different names on ebay like saveonpoolsupplies, savemoreonpoolsupplies etc. I wonder why would they do that? bad reviews? I am going to open a BBB case also and see where it lands.

All bubble covers will only last about the same amount of time that you got out of your cover. That is one reason why we say get the cheapest cover you can find and expect to replace it every season or two at best depending on how it is cared for.

I'm confused here. Are you saying that this problem is specifically excluded from the warranty, but you didn't read that and so are upset and feel the BBB should be called in to... do what exactly? Make them give you a new cover?

Seriously?

I'm confused here. Are you saying that this problem is specifically excluded from the warranty, but you didn't read that and so are upset and feel the BBB should be called in to... do what exactly? Make them give you a new cover?

Seriously?

No, i am saying they advertise 8 year warranty including 2 year full warranty. And sneak in the bubbles issue and other caveats in the details. I am only creating awareness about the warranty which is iron clad on their side. And doesn’t do anything for us. Most pool covers will have bubbles in a few years as per my research of forums here but giving a 8 year warranty and not covering bubble and common issues from day 1 and only covering uncommonly occuring issues in such a long warranty may very well be legal but very deceptive business practice. My intensions are not of getting another substandard cover for free. But to discourage people to sell bubble wrap for 100$ a roll. If i wanted bubblewrap i would have called u-line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.