Wanting to use a rechargeable on my weighted Pentair head.

Ocitown

Aug 4, 2021
So.Cal.
After using a couple cheaper Amazon/Leslies rechargeable stick type vacuum units I find the power is ok but seems to decline more than 50% in just a few minutes as the fine silt sits deep into the bag restricting suction.
The other issue is the tiny head and its inability to stay down on the bottom because of buoyancy.

I love my 15” weighted Pentair head and was thinking of just adding a connection using a cheap unit,then I found the precision 2.0 LI which seems to do this with its own (cheaper)head attachment and two batteries sold to only professionals.

Maybe the a Pool Blaster 1500 would except the head adapter from a 2.0li?
Has anyone found a viable solution to using the quality Pentair head and adapting a rechargeable stick type vacuum?
I feel this combo using the right vacuum would make cleaning my 7K gallon plaster pool a dream especially in winter months avoiding the dreaded hose.

Any thoughts would be so very helpful.

So I have been using a jacuzzI brand rechargeable but the tiny head is just too small.
I was able to rig a short section of rubber hose connecting this unit directly to the Pentair weighted head with much better results.
The unit is slightly buoyant and just floats above the heavy weighted head,flexes along safely using the rubber connection.
I have a couple other bags on the way because it seems only a small amount of fine silt/SWG calcium chips or phosphates can restrict this unit 80%.

We have a small ~7K plaster pool so if I can find the right bag it may work perfectl.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 8
Getting creative. :goodjob: Keep posting in hopes others will reply with thoughts as well.
Absolutely

This little set up is a real gem for those with just a couple hundred square feet to vacuum.
Very little vegetation helps as well,brushing to the deep reduces the square feet needed to vacuum.

The $118 catfish I’m told by the company has the exact same motor/battery pac.
Using the correct mesh bag will be crucial to pull out what you have.

In 10 min. I can clean 95% of my pool with this set up,using it as designed takes a good 45.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.