Walmart "Pool Essentials 10% Chlorinating Liquid" - Anyone else not able to find it?

Re: Walmart "Pool Essentials 10% Chlorinating Liquid" - Anyone else not able to find

I don't know what's going on with my post. I tried to edit out all the repeat replies but it just kept adding them over and over....sorry???
Sherry

Re: Walmart "Pool Essentials 10% Chlorinating Liquid" - Anyone else

Definitely a lot of bottles to lug around, and a lot of plastic to (hopefully) recycle. This is why I greatly prefer 10+% Chlorine.

Still looking for a source for refillable/5gallon containers

Re: Walmart "Pool Essentials 10% Chlorinating Liquid" - Anyone else not able to find

I just posted about this. I just ran to 2 different walmarts, home depot and lowes and none of them had the liquid chlorine. Last year Walmart had it all the way into September when I closed the pool. So annoying. I was able to find 8% bleach at homedepot but they only had so much and I bought it all. Then I bought all the 6% walmart had. I am buying all the stores out, lol. It is hard to find bleach that does not have the color treatment stuff in it. Also, what is the deal with the outdoor bleach?

I think we should all write walmart so they plan better for next year, lol. How can they be out of pool stuff when it is only the start of August???!??! We have at least 4 weeks left of our swim season and I am in the NE.

I think we should all write walmart so they plan better for next year, lol. How can they be out of pool stuff when it is only the start of August???!??! We have at least 4 weeks left of our swim season and I am in the NE.
They ran out here on June 28th. I've already written an email to Walmart about it, didnt really get me anywhere

Our Walmart ran out about mid July. I know this because I bought the last they had So now I’m down to using store brand @ 6% @ 2:70 a gal. And no one with in a 100 miles of use sales pool chlorine. So what do u do

Our Walmart ran out about mid July. I know this because I bought the last they had So now I’m down to using store brand @ 6% @ 2:70 a gal. And no one with in a 100 miles of use sales pool chlorine. So what do u do

Ugh how frustrating! Pool store is the best option to get the potent stuff! TFP must be catching on near you!

Walmart's near me are out as well and stopped going to Lowe's since they store their LC outside. Leslies now for the 12.5% (4 gallons for 17.98). I'm always for the high percentage LC so I don't have to lug around and recycle a ton of containers. Bleach calc shows that it's the cheapest too :whoot::whoot:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Yeah it's been about impossible to find at Wally's, Home Despots or Löwes since early summer.
My own opinion of this is the rush to produce 6% bleach and sell it for 8% prices (most retailers this year) has driven up demand for the 10 and 12% varieties, big box stores stocking that ran through their usual summer inventory months ago. And they apparently were afraid to reorder on July 1st, because well who's going to buy it then? Next year their metrics will still be right, Wally's won't have sold a single bottle of the pool essentials since July started. (Zero stock) So why order any if no one ever buys it in July or later.

It's also driven folks out to buy it at the few stores that still stock the high concentration stuff.
I suppose in this rush to the bottom you can claim that 0.5% bleach is actually concentrated on the label, truthfully. After all that is more than exists in nature, must be concentrated!

Hi folks! I'm in the same boat as the rest of you! No more liquid chlorine to be found in my town except for the old stuff sitting in the sun at Home Depot. I've been researching prices today and I think this is the best deal I can find:

KIK Custom Pure Bright Germicidal Ultra Bleach Liquid 1 gal 128 fl oz 1 Each White by Office Depot OfficeMax

They're running at 30% off promo code right now and delivery is free. It comes out to $2.17 per gallon. It's 6% without additives and I ordered 40 gallons to be delivered to my house. I did some checking around and it seems like others use this brand to manage their pools as well. If you sign up for Ebates, you can get 4% cash back too! It beats running to the store every few days and carrying this many gallons inside. If it gets here and ends up being old/not smelling like bleach, I'll load it into the car and return it to my local Office Depot.

Hope this helps someone out there!

Wow, I never would have thought that Office depot/Office Max would have bleach. Good find! I'll remember that if Walmart doesn't keep restocking. Thanks.
Sherry

Walmart was out of the pool essentials 10% for a while, but I had a decent thing going with my local grocery store in town(6% @1.69), but there supplies are limited. It was becoming a problem, since something was starting to get a hold of the pool and I needed to shock. I bought out there remaining supply and went on a mission. Walmart is right next to several stores in a row that carry bleach (HD, Lowes, BBB, etc), but as luck would have it Walmart had a ton, surprisingly since they are ramping down all the pool stuff for back-to-school and what not. I picked up 35 gallons.

On a side note, I love the looks I get from people when I'm pushing a cart with a 35 gallons of bleach.

I had lost all hope in Walmart but after jstblush’s post, I decided to take a walk to the garden section while I was there today ordering a birthday cake for my son’s (pool) party this weekend. To my pleasant surprise, they had stock again!

3735ACC6-6B9B-4B9A-900D-480D62130F92.jpg

To the dismay of other TFPers in the area, they are dangerously low on stock again! 4188F511-6E89-4AD6-9BE4-DA51F2479080.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.