Navarre/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Bought some of the 10% today. It was dated for mid December, but that is close enough in Winter time. Surprised they already started rolling it out. :)

Bought some of the 10% today. It was dated for mid December, but that is close enough in Winter time. Surprised they already started rolling it out. :)

I bought my first liquid chlorine today! At Walmart as well. Date wise, when is too old to use/buy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I just didn't have to go in a Walmart to get it!~

Woody,

I am hoping that it gets added to the grocery pickup option so I can just drive up and have it loaded into the car like I currently do my groceries. :)

- - - Updated - - -

What price are they selling it for?

$2.86/gallon currently. I am excited that it is back!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why would you buy Chlorine at Wal-Mart. No pool store in town?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Plenty of pool stores, but there's no money to be made for them selling liquid bleach against grocery stores at least. Somehow I'm pretty sure they have a better profit margin selling pucks in a lot less retail space.

Why would you buy Chlorine at Wal-Mart. No pool store in town?

Bro,

At my Pool Store they claim their Chlorine is 12.5% but tell me to treat it as 10%. It is really hit-or-miss there. Once I could not get my pool adjusted right with it, so I had to reverse engineer using Pool Math and my final results to determine that the chlorine was only about 6% strength at that time. Out of all my trials with Pool Store chlorine, I have never guessed right at its strength. I am not sure if they keep their tank in the sun or what, but you never know what you are going to get.

It makes it very hard to adjust your FC if you are not sure how strong the chlorine is. I prefer to have consistency from Walmart than guessing with the Pool Store. (Note: Your experience may vary from mine...)

At my Pool Store they claim their Chlorine is 12.5% but tell me to treat it as 10%. It is really hit-or-miss there. Once I could not get my pool adjusted right with it, so I had to reverse engineer using Pool Math and my final results to determine that the chlorine was only about 6% strength at that time. Out of all my trials with Pool Store chlorine, I have never guessed right at its strength. I am not sure if they keep their tank in the sun or what, but you never know what you are going to get.

It makes it very hard to adjust your FC if you are not sure how strong the chlorine is. I prefer to have consistency from Walmart than guessing with the Pool Store. (Note: Your experience may vary from mine...)

This is very true, and why buying inside a store is better than outside (i.e. in pool/garden section) as chlorine strength will drop very quickly as temperature rises. See table below. Can see a 15% solution will lose 1/2 its strength in 48 days @ 90 degrees versus 148 days @ 75 degrees. Of course you don't know how it was stored prior to their displaying - was it in an air-conditioned warehouse or not.

chlorine-life.jpg

I really don't know how to measure the strengh of chlorine but would think the same things you state could be true at Wal-Mart. I will be sure to watch this more carefully. Thank you.

Bro,

The difference with Walmart is that the date the chlorine was produced is stamped on the container. I have no idea how old the stuff from the PS is. :)

Good Luck to you!

i noticed that the walmart in my area is selling it also, but it was 3.67. hopefully they will bring the price down then i will start stocking up. for about a month last summer they had it for 2.50.

That's the in-store price at my local Walmart as Well. However, they will now price match to their online price which currently is 2.86... at least the two that I shop at do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.