Wall collapse and boeing rebar

TheoneAB

May 27, 2021
Houston, TX
I had my pool dug out last week, but have had several heavy rains this week. This is what happen to the walls and rebar after the clay collapsed on it. What should I expect from the pool builder to do to fix this?

Attachments

• IMG_20210526_171335999.jpg
    IMG_20210526_171335999.jpg
    601.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Polish_20210527_130443291.jpg
    Polish_20210527_130443291.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 81
Welcome to TFP :)

Well that is going to suck... looks like the rebar has been bent out and the soil is directly in contact with the rebar.. Not sure if they are going to cut out the rebar and take out all the dirt and install backing.. then redo the rebar... it can not be shot with gunite like it is...

Reactions: TheoneAB
Welcome to TFP :)

Well that is going to suck... looks like the rebar has been bent out and the soil is directly in contact with the rebar.. Not sure if they are going to cut out the rebar and take out all the dirt and install backing.. then redo the rebar... it can not be shot with gunite like it is...
They have been pulling the dirt out by hand through the rebar. Can the rebar be bent back to shape?

I had my pool dug out last week, but have had several heavy rains this week. This is what happen to the walls and rebar after the clay collapsed on it. What should I expect from the pool builder to do to fix this?

Talking with my PB this week, he had 1 cave in and when we were talking before he said if a job has rebar in it and it collapses, he gets his rebar guys out there to remove it from affected areas and fixed all the collapsed areas and then rebar it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheoneAB
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.