Wait time before swimming?

I'm new here also, but I would think the trucked in water was like my city water. If that's the case, as mine was when I refilled it with city water a couple years back, I was told it was the same as taking a bath and hop right in. If the trucked in water is NOT filtered and treated water (such as city water) I would test it right away and base my decision on how quickly to hop in on that. On a side note - I did full tests on my city water so I had a base line to know what was publicly safe and to know what I was putting in (chemical wise) in the future. Experts with more experience will have way more valuable input than me.

If it's not city water, but clean, I would think you could get a guesstimate at half full and calculate what would need to be added at full (based on volume) and begin adding it then.

Trucked water is usually city drinking water but you should check. My kids were in the day it filled although it was pretty cold. I just dumped half a gallon of liquid chlorine in each day or so until I got everything up and running. I didn't have a test kit for the first 5 days so I had to just do what my poolboy friend recommended.

I would check the trucked in water for metals before adding anything to it. We have had some reports where the trucked in water was just as iron laden as the well water would be. If it is positive for iron then you can add sequestrant to it to keep the iron in suspension. If there is no iron in the water you can add a little chlorine between loads and brush the pool to circulate. It won't take much, about a 1/2 jug per load of water.

You can go ahead and swim the first time with nothing in the water, but without chlorine you are introducing organic matter into the pool so you definitely want to get chlorine in there within the first 24 hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.