Wait for warm weather to start everything up?

Feb 15, 2011
Newnan, GA
Finally got the pool installed. Well, now the nerves set in! Waiting for warm weather so we can test out all of the new equipment. But, Should we wait or go ahead and start up the pump and SWG? Obviously, it will be at least 6 weeks before the weather will be warm enough for the kids to swim. (not according to them, they want to swim now)

Our pool is open and the pumps are running. I cleaned and serviced the DE filter 2 weeks ago when we had the warm weekend. Aquarite SWCG has been running at 40% for 6 hours/day. Water is "sparking" clear. Will probably add the solar blanket next weekend to warm the water into the upper 60's, then turn on the Heat Pump the following week if the daytime temps remain in the 70s for the entire week. If warmer than average temperatures continue, we should be swimming in a couple of weeks. :-D

My apologies to our neighbors to the North who still have snow on their pools. :mrgreen:

opened ours today to, took the winter cover off to find allot of dirt on the bottom, The water is pretty clear, not perfect but not to bad either. We are hoping to be swimming in it, the first part of April.. We have a heat pump so it takes awhile for it to heat up..

I never really shut mine down. Anytime my generator read anything other then " COLD " then I turned the pump on for alittle while. For the past few weeks I have had it running at 40% for 6hrs a day and the kids went in for the 1st time yesterday. My husband thinks I love the pool more then him because I am always out there doing something or getting leaves out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.