W3T-CELL-15

Nov 21, 2016
Melbourne, FL
So, after 3.5 years my T-CELL-15 appears to be dead. Salt levels are fine (3600ppm), however the panel is reading 2100 ppm, and generating very little chlorine. I've acid washed it on the appropriate stand a few times, same issue. I've been looking for a replacement, and of course checked the smiley face store and they have a W3T-CELL-15 for sale. Is this the same as the T-CELL-15 that came with my unit in 2016?

The W3T-CELL-15 is the same as the T-15 cell. But I find Amazons listing a bit sketchy as it does not say if it has a 1 year or 3 year warranty. And the reviews talk about warranty issues.

I would order it from Inyo Pools at the same price, free shipping, and a 3 year warranty listed.

So, after 3.5 years my T-CELL-15 appears to be dead. Salt levels are fine (3600ppm), however the panel is reading 2100 ppm, and generating very little chlorine. I've acid washed it on the appropriate stand a few times, same issue. I've been looking for a replacement, and of course checked the smiley face store and they have a W3T-CELL-15 for sale. Is this the same as the T-CELL-15 that came with my unit in 2016?
I sent you a PM

I think many of the resellers, both online and physical stores believe that the W3T-CELL-T15 had a three year warranty when in fact it really only has one year warranty according to Hayward. If Hayward had made the item #W1T-CELL-T15, it probably would made the warranty a little more obvious. but W3T really confused folks. That's the problem when online guys just copy and paste information from competitors. ASSUMING something is right can get you into a lot of trouble.

IMO , if the reseller had advertised a three year warranty, you should keep pounding them to honor their terms and don't let them offload you to the manufacturer. File a complaint with the BBB , eBay or Amazon if you have to. In this case it's not Hayward's fault UNLESS you can find old documentation on the Hayward website or included with the warranty information that came with the product that specifically states there was a three year warranty.

Generally, IMO most resellers don't give a Dang about warranty terms because THEY are not the ones handling the warranty. They are in the business of selling product at any cost and won't let matters of the truth get in the way of making that sale. Whether it's intentional or not I do not know.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.