🙋‍♂️

Anyone else keep seeing this thread thinking it's another pool store thread ? But it's actually about vultures. I'll see it again later and be all GRRRRR pool stores *oh, wait*

Certainly a catchy Title ! Exactly the assumption an "Initiated" member has to make ? . . . Those guys --> 🦨

Reactions: Newdude
These things scare me, they have no fear of us. Have heard farmers describe very disturbing details of how they take down the calves. I'd be very careful with your child around them

Reactions: Pv2
If they are attracted to the water in your pool try covering it when not in use. You can get a pool cover reel and mount it on your deck to make it easy to get the cover on and off. You can combine that with a blue tooth speaker on the deck playing random loud noises. You may need to give your neighbors a heads up!
Something that works with ducks is to run string in a random pattern across the pool. You could run string across the pool and deck about a foot off the surface to make it difficult to land there.

Reactions: KeriCarter
If they are attracted to the water in your pool try covering it when not in use. You can get a pool cover reel and mount it on your deck to make it easy to get the cover on and off. You can combine that with a blue tooth speaker on the deck playing random loud noises. You may need to give your neighbors a heads up!
Something that works with ducks is to run string in a random pattern across the pool. You could run string across the pool and deck about a foot off the surface to make it difficult to land there.
They love to drink the water that runs off the slide. They have perfectly fine pond water just a few feet away. I wasn’t sure if a reel cover would be safe with the kids.

I was assuming this was an above ground pool, thus my suggestion about the pool cover. If they like the water off the slide and you have a pond nearby, maybe the pond will be more attractive if you put a small fountain in there and leave the slide off for a couple of days?

Reactions: KeriCarter
I was assuming this was an above ground pool, thus my suggestion about the pool cover. If they like the water off the slide and you have a pond nearby, maybe the pond will be more attractive if you put a small fountain in there and leave the slide off for a couple of days?
Very good idea. We need an aerator in the pond anyway. I think that might help. Thank you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Orbit makes those Yard Enforcers that shoot water at "interlopers". My only concern is if you forget
it's on and the kiddos walk out in front of it. I think it can be set for certain times of day. There are
several brands and different types. Here's one….

ranchers/farmers from where those things exist say they will kill lambs and calves. I only have red headed Turkey Vultures - they are safe - don't kill anything. I would be pretty nervous of them being around small children or pets.
Me too. I’m going to try the suggestions here first…..

Bird Control Products - Pest Control from Flock Free has visual, olfactory and shock deterrents. Maybe the best if the effigy.

Ordering one now. Thanks!

Maybe try the long strings with flags on them and criss cross them over your pool. Depending on pool size, put a tarp over it when you're not using it. Maybe by getting rid of the water source they'll move on?

That’s crazy the previous owner def fed them. We have a lot vultures around here too but I hope they never try and roost in my yard! We have lots of blue jays that leave a mess so I can’t imagine the mess those things leave!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.