Los Angeles, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
I'm curious, I upgraded my pool equipment from a single speed to a VS (my signature is up to date) and added a salt system. I was under the impression that the point of a VS pump was to run as low as possible speed wise?

With a freshly cleaned filter and pump at 90% speed I have 99.9 no bubbles under the lid, I'm going down 5% at a time (15 minute intervals) to find the flow rate the salt system likes and starting to notice air being introduced at 65% currently.

If I go to 85% pump speed there are no air pockets under the lid, I do not have any suction side leaks (I've been down that path before).

Seems the lower speed I go the more air pocket under the pump lid I get, am I doing something incorrectly?

Thanks

4n,

Almost all VS pump have some air under the lid when running at low RPMs..

As Mike points out above, if at the same speed, the bubbles continue to get larger and larger over time, then that is an issue to look at.

As long as the water in the pump does not drop below the Intake pipe, then there is nothing to worry about.

Some members schedule a run of a few minutes to an hour of faster speeds, just to clear out the bubbles, once a day.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta