VS pump settings

LRF

Nov 10, 2020
I have a 30K gal gunite pool with a salt system and Polaris and I just put in a Pentair Superflo variable speed 1.5HPpump. I set my pump for 3000 RPM for 12 h and 1400 RPM for 12 hours. Is this the most efficient setting or can I use a lower high-speed RPM? I live in Georgia and run the pool year-round. With my old single-speed pump, I ran it for 12 hours during the day and turned it off at night. (In the winter when freeze possible I ran at night.)

LRF,

I can't think of any reason to run that pump at 3,000 RPM.. :mrgreen:

I suggest you figure out the speed that turns your salt cell's flow switch on and use that +100 RPM as you main speed.. I personally run my pump 24/7 at 1200 RPM most of the time..

There is no requirement to run 24/7, it is just something I like to do.. I also have a SWCG and like generating a little chlorine all the time. I also like the fact that I am skimming all the time.

Why do you thing you must run at 3,000 RPM? What goal are you trying to accomplish??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.