Vinyl liner wrinkles

ragart

Jul 11, 2018
Philadelphia, PA
When I lowered my water level for closing, the liner floated due to groundwater. This spring I filled the pool and worked out most of the wrinkles, but a few wrinkles remain in the floor of the shallow end. This was mostly due to having to fill the pool with a hose and not being able to be out there 24/7 working the wrinkles out as it filled. I'm trying to find a way to work these out without having to lower the water level significantly, which may open the door to the groundwater floating the liner again. Any advice?

Hi, welcome and so sorry to hear that!
Can you add your pool & equipment details to your signature please? Thanks!
When I lowered my water level for closing, the liner floated due to groundwater. This spring I filled the pool and worked out most of the wrinkles, but a few wrinkles remain in the floor of the shallow end. This was mostly due to having to fill the pool with a hose and not being able to be out there 24/7 working the wrinkles out as it filled. I'm trying to find a way to work these out without having to lower the water level significantly, which may open the door to the groundwater floating the liner again. Any advice?
I believe in-ground pools should only be lowered under the skimmer, not emptied

If you can get in the pool, clean toilet plungers or swim shoes can be used to gently work/pull/smooth the wrinkles towards the sides

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.