Vinyl Liner - Vermiculite Floor - Slight Imperfections

That makes sense! Appreciate the feedback and more detail - that was why I wanted the steel walls versus concrete. For the flooring I guess the same can happen. Having to repair concrete and the issues is likely super expensive and not easy versus vermiculite.

The downside is the the ability to move and leave impressions. Just need to deal with it along with the pros and cons.

Thank you for shearing this picture..... it makes me feel so much better about my pool floor!!!!!....
That pic is flawless compared to my professional floor with sand. It's got as many dents as a golf ball, but various sizes like the moon.

They all have dents or trowel marks, even plaster pools. We call it 'having character' to be able to sleep at night.

Reactions: Caro325
Liner was replaced and floor resurfaced in spring of 2022 and ours looks about the same. At night, there are a few dents and a some imperfections, but when the movie is playing and the kids are splashing around, nobody seems to notice. :)

Swim in movie.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Caro325 and Newdude
We have a big little section and lots of volleyball will be played. I've just accepted the pros and cons of concrete and vermiculite. We will have lots of imperfections, but it sure as heck beats worrying about a concrete floor and those potential issues in the north east.

Reactions: Lanzz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.