Vinyl Liner Cleaning

Jbra22

May 8, 2020
Riverside CT
Hi All,

Hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day Weekend!
So first of all, thanks to everyone who chimed in and help getting my pool chemistry in order!

My next step is cleaning because the pool has this brownish stains on the wall and just a little bit on the floors so i did the test of putting Vitamin C in a sock, crush them and rub against the stain and it was like magic! So i know i have to do the Ascorbic Acid treatment so i have couple of questions before starting this afternoon.

Should i pour the poyquat 60 before putting the ascorbic acid (i believe i do) and if so do i pour it in front of the return or in front of where the water comes back into the pool? Also, how far in advance?

Should i brush the pool to get some of the stains that are not coming off out? I know i need to put AA every 30 minutes if not all the stains come out but not sure if i can help it with something

I know i will have more questions but this is what i have for now

Thanks for the help

"22", you are probably well on your way to doing the AA treatment, but I wanted to see if you needed anything. If you started last Weds, I'm assuming you have lifted all the stains you're going to lift with the AA and may already be re-balancing the chemicals. But let us know if we can still help.

"22", you are probably well on your way to doing the AA treatment, but I wanted to see if you needed anything. If you started last Weds, I'm assuming you have lifted all the stains you're going to lift with the AA and may already be re-balancing the chemicals. But let us know if we can still help.
Thanks TS

So the stains are gone, however the pool is having an issue keeping FC. I've been trying to increase the level slowly (Trying to reach 2 then go to 4 and then 6) but for some reason is at 0 everytime i go check. I recently got my K2006 test kit, however could it be that the R0870 went bad? My wife did a test the other day while i was at work and the tip of the scoop turned black so i don't know if she did something in regards to contaminating.... Does it take a long time for the pool to recover the FC after an AA treatment?

PH is a 7.2 and Alkalinity is at 60

Your help would be much appreciated

My powder scoop is also black, although I don't recall how quickly that happened. But I don't think the powder is bad. Have you tried testing your tap water? House water usually has a little chlorine in it, so it should register. If it doesn't let us know. If you do show FC on the house water, then you know the pool FC is just being stubborn and stuck by the residual AA. Is your water still chilly (close to 60)? Did you add Polyquat 60 to the water just in case during this low FC period?

My powder scoop is also black, although I don't recall how quickly that happened. But I don't think the powder is bad. Have you tried testing your tap water? House water usually has a little chlorine in it, so it should register. If it doesn't let us know. If you do show FC on the house water, then you know the pool FC is just being stubborn and stuck by the residual AA. Is your water still chilly (close to 60)? Did you add Polyquat 60 to the water just in case during this low FC period?
I will try the tap water when i get back home. My water is at 75 as i have a heater going but if you think i need to shut it off then i would do so. I did add the polyquat 60 before doing the AA treatment. Water is crystal clear, no cloudiness at all.

Let me know if i should add the P60 again and also if i should have the pump still running 24/7

Thanks

I would keep the pump running (low is fine) and keep the Poly close by until you are able to get the FC to increase. Both AA and Poly cause chlorine to get consumed, so it's a careful uphill road. But continue working on the FC. With a water temp of 75, the water is primed for algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.