Very fine pollen and seeds in pool

Jul 21, 2015
Toronto
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place, but any advice is appreciated. My pool is 10,000 gallons and the water is balanced, and has a salt generator. Just in the last few days, due to time of the year and heavy winds, there is a lot of "fluff" and I think pollen too (it covers my bbq and furniture). The pool was crystal clear but now has microscopic particles floating all over the surface and very visible in the sunshine and giving a bit of a hazy appearance to the water. Any suggestions? Do I need a flocculant or a clarifier (not sure I understand the difference but I'd prefer a solution that makes the particles heavier- right now they don't get sucked in through the skimmer- they float on top there too. So, either I want them to sink to the bottom for vacuuming or have them get sucked into the filter via the skimmer. Thanks for any advice.

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_0508.jpg
    IMG_0508.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 7
Any suggestions?
It is dogwood...horibble this week everywhere. It will pass. Turn up your pump to a higher speed if you can to increase skimming.
Do I need a flocculant or a clarifier (not sure I understand the difference but I'd prefer a solution that makes the particles heavier- right now they don't get sucked in through the skimmer- they float on top there too.
Please, please, please 🙏🙏🙏 do not use a flocculant or clarifier. There are VERY few cases you should ever use these...like when you have tons of ash in your pool from a fire.

Turn your pump up to improve skimming, and manually skim with a pool net/skimmer.

It is dogwood...horibble this week everywhere. It will pass. Turn up your pump to a higher speed if you can to increase skimming.

Please, please, please 🙏🙏🙏 do not use a flocculant or clarifier. There are VERY few cases you should ever use these...like when you have tons of ash in your pool from a fire.

Turn your pump up to improve skimming, and manually skim with a pool net/skimmer.
Thanks I will do as you suggest. I was worried about the flocculant because I have cartridge filters.